Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit—you choose. —Proverbs 18:21 (The Message)
Now that I have your attention, I will tell you that I know learning to make healthier choices is a lifetime process, not a 30-day transformation. But I can also tell you that if you need a jump start, using positive language can make a difference in your life in a short time. There is science behind affirmations just as there is science behind prayer—both improve your well-being. Here are 30 affirmations (including scripture ) that will change the way you think about your health if you use them every day. Pray them, think them, say them aloud.
Please let me know how these work for you. Also, share with us in the Comments section your favorite affirmations.
- I deserve relationships that are healthy.
- I count my positive attitude as a blessing; it helps me focus on the good in me.
- I am not alone. God is with me.
- Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits . . . who heals all your diseases, . . . who satisfies you with good as long as you live so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. —Psalm 103:1-5
- I release to God my fear, doubts, and challenges. God returns to me a spirit of love, power, and a sound mind. I have peace and all is well.
- . . . I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security. —Jeremiah 33:6
- I eat five daily servings of fruits and vegetables. I choose leafy green vegetables and deep red and colorful fruits.
- I am creative. Each day I see beauty in what I do.
- I become stronger when I allow others to help me.
- [God] heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds. —Psalm 147:3
- I do not let the negative words of others stop me from loving myself and reaching my goals.
- When I believe that things can change, then I can change them.
- For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, says the Lord, . . . —Jeremiah 30:17
- I do not carry my worries by myself. God is with me. I rest—renewed and restored by the love of God.
- I trust God for the highest good for my community, the world, and myself.
- I claim God’s power for my life, which allows me to change the behaviors I can and surrender to God those things I cannot change. (Healing Action: Keep a food journal. List the foods you eat and how you feel after you eat them. Eat more of the energy foods.)
- I listen to the messages my body sends me.
- I believe my well-being is connected to the well-being of others.
- I know that prayer changes me and helps me live in peace.
- A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired. —Proverbs 17:22 (The Message)
- I can trade a half hour of TV for a 20-minute walk around the block.
- I let go of trying to control others, and I live with more joy.
- I am created by God and am thankful for my special body.
- I say no to harmful behaviors and yes to the good life for myself.
- Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. —Jeremiah 17:14
- I go with the flow and save my energy. I move in harmony with my purpose.
- I seek divine guidance, listen for the answer, and learn to relax.
- I have health goals that are reasonable and right for me. I am willing to try new ways of living healthy.
- I find peace in prayer. I find joy in praise. I find wellness with a caring physician.
- Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul. —3 John 2 (Healing Action: Play soft music and sit in silence for 5 minutes. Breathe. Ask your spirit; ask your body, “What do you need to be well?” Listen.)
- Each day I learn more about what brings me joy.
- I practice positive health messages.
- Reading scripture helps me start my day.